Article 1 Objective
Awarding of Points
- The Company will award Rakuten Super Points (hereinafter "Points") to a Memberwhenever he/she makes a purchase or uses a service on the Rakuten Ichiba mall (hereinafter "Mall") or any other Web sites specified by the Company via the method specified by the Company, or at a time when the Company deems appropriate.
- The Company will specify Web sites, services, and transactions where Members can earn Points (hereinafter "Reward Transaction"), the percentage rate of Points to be awarded, as well as other conditions for awarding Points. The Company will make the said information available to Members by posting it on a designated Web site within a Mall specified by the Company (hereinafter "Notification Site"). Whether a specific transaction qualifies for Points, as well as the percentage rates of Points to be awarded and expiration date of Points may vary depending on the merchant, type of transaction, or type of Service used.
- Points will be awarded after a certain period of time has passed as specified by the Company once a Reward Transaction takes place. In the event that the Company confirms that a Reward Transaction has been cancelled or any of the products purchased under the Reward Transaction have been returned,Points will not be awarded. In the event that the value of the purchase under a Reward Transaction has changed after it has taken place, Points will be given based on the revised value.
- The Company will make the final decision on whether or not to award Points for transactions, the number of Points to be awarded, and other matters related to awarding of Points. The Member will abide by its decision.
Article 3 Management of Points
- The Company will notify Members of the number of Points they have earned and/or used as well as their Points balance via a method specified by the Company.
- Should any Member have a question concerning the number of Points described in the preceding paragraph, said Member shall immediately contact the Company regarding the matter.
- The Company will make the final decision concerning the number of Points described in Paragraph 1 above, and the Member shall abide by its decision.
Article 4 Combining Points and Multiple Accounts
- No Member may transfer or pledge his/her Points to another Member, nor share them with other Members.
- Members with multiple accounts may not combine the Points they have accumulated intheir multiple accounts.
Article 5 Cancellation and Expiration of Points
- The Company reserves the right to cancel Points that have been awarded by the Companywhen the merchandise purchased under a Reward Transaction is returned, when theorder placed under a Reward Transaction is cancelled, or whenever the Company deemsit appropriate.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel Points accumulated by the Member, either in whole or in part, without prior notice in any of the following circumstances:
- (1) The Member violates the law or engages in a fraudulent activity.
(3) Any other circumstances where the Company deems it appropriate to cancel Pointsthat have been awarded to the Member. 3. Points will automatically expire in the event the Member does not have any Reward Transactions for the period of time specified by the Company.
- The Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for cancelled or expired Points, or not compensate the Member for any loss of these cancelled or expired Points.
Article 6 Redeeming Points for Payments
- The Member can redeem some or all of his/her Points to pay for purchases (including the price of the purchased goods, shipping and handling fees, and/or tax. The same applies hereafter.) at any of the stores in the Mall or on the Web sites specified by the Company, at a conversion rate specified by the Company.
- The Company may impose limitations on using Points for services and products described in Paragraph 1, or set conditions for using Points.
- When a Member cancels a purchase payment as described in Paragraph 1, the Company will, as a general rule, not refund the said payment in cash but return the Points redeemed for making the said payment. However, if the Company is unable to refund a payment by way of Points due to reasons associated with the processing of Points, a cash refund in the amount equivalent to the amount of Points used may be given by the store where the payment was made.
- In certain circumstances where the amount charged to the Member is reduced after the Member has paid the said amount entirely with Points, a refund will be made either in cash or in the form of Points in accordance with the preceding paragraph. If the price charged to the Member is reduced after the Member has paid the said price partially with Points, he/she will be refunded the amount paid via a reimbursement method other than Points, and any remaining portion of the amount to be refunded will be reimbursed either in cash or in the form of Points in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
- In certain circumstances where the amount charged to the Member has been increased after the Member has paid the said amount via Points, the Member will pay the balance owed via a payment method other than Points. However, when the Member has paid the said amount entirely with Points, the balance will be paid with Points, and should he/she lack a sufficient number of points, the shortfall will be paid via another payment method.
- In any purchase transaction where the Member chooses to redeem all of his/her Points, if the Member earns additional Points or returned Points within the period specified by the Company after the said purchase transaction, the said Points will be automatically redeemed for the shortfall of said purchase transaction.
Article 7 Redeeming Points for Purposes Other than Payments
- In addition to payments at stores as described in the preceding Article, the Member can exchange Points for prizes, services, or other rewards (hereinafter "Rewards").
- The Company will specify Rewards for which the Member can redeem his/her Points as appropriate and announce them via the Notification Site or other methods specified by the Company.
- The Company will determine the types of Rewards and specific details about them, the number of Points needed to earn them, and other terms and conditions for redeeming Points. The Company reserves the right to update, change or terminate these terms and conditions at any time. In certain circumstances where the Company is unable to provide a specific Rewards item requested by the Member due to shortage, dissolution of a partnership, or other reason, the Company will ask the Member to choose another item from the available Rewards or return Points to the Member.
- The Company will neither compensate nor assume any responsibility whatsoever for any loss caused to the Member due to the circumstances described in the preceding paragraph.
- When redeeming Points, the Member agrees to provide the Company with his/her mailing address for sending Rewards, contact information, and other information specified by the Company. The Company will ship Rewards only to a Members' residential address in Japan. The Company will not ship Rewards to overseas addresses, anyone other than a Member, or post office boxes.
- Some of the Rewards may be provided by third party companies affiliated with the Company. In such cases, terms and conditions for redeeming Points shall be in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by these third party companies. The Company makes no warranties of the quality or availability of Rewards. Should any defect be found in the said Rewards, the Member agrees to seek resolution with the third party company that has provided and shipped the said Rewards.
- No Member may return or exchange Rewards unless the reason for such return or exchange is due to the fault of the party providing the Rewards.
Article 8 Accident
The Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for any accident arising with regard to products purchased pursuant to Article 6 or Rewards, including but not limited to delay, loss, theft, damage or breakage, either during transport or after provision, and will not return Points that have been redeemed for said purchased products or Rewards unless said accident is due to the fault of the Company.
Article 9 Cancellation of Redeemed Points
- In the event that Points are cancelled pursuant to Article 5-1 or 5-2 after they have been redeemed by a Member for a purchase transaction in accordance with Article 6, the said transaction (hereinafter "Points Transaction") may be cancelled or suspended. The Member who has made or is making a Points Transaction must immediately pay any balance due as a result of the cancellation of Points to the Company either in cash or by a payment method specified by the Company.
- In the event that Points are cancelled, as described in the preceding paragraph, after they have been redeemed for Rewards by a Member pursuant to Article 7, his/her request for Rewards will be voided. If the Member has already received the said Rewards, he/she must immediately return the Rewards or pay an amount equivalent to the value of the Rewards.
No Cash Redemptions No Member may exchange his/her Points for cash under any circumstances.
Article 11 Use by Third Party
- Points may not be used by anyone other than the Member who owns them.
- Upon confirming that the user ID and password entered by the Member when using his/her Points matches those that have been registered by the Member, the Company shall regard such access to have been made by the said Member. The Company will not return Points redeemed or will not be held liable for any damage caused to the Member as a result of any unauthorized use of the Member's user ID and password.
Article 12 Taxes and Expenses
The Member will be responsible for any taxes or expenses associated with his/her earning or using Points, or redeeming Points for Rewards.
Article 13 Revocation or Termination of Membership
Any Member who has lost his/her membership will lose all of his/her Points, the righ t to redeem Points for Rewards, and all other rights associated with the Service. The said Member will gain no rights to claim against the Company upon loss of his/her membership status.
Article 14 Disclaimer
The Company will do its best to ensure that operation of the Service employs the latest technological standards. However, the Company makes no warranty that the Service will be uninterrupted. The Company will not be liable for any damage caused by any system interruption, delay, suspension, or data loss due to connection or computer failure, unauthorized access to data, and any other damage caused to the Member that is related to the Service.
Article 15 Modification to Service
- The Company will not be responsible for any damage resulting from any change as described in the preceding paragraph.
Established on November 1, 2002
Revised on April 14, 2003
Revised on April 1, 2004
Note: The duration of the period in Article 5-3 shall be one (1) year.